Call for papers
Talks and presentations
We wish to encourage all linguists representing various theoretical models and practical applications to present their contributions during online sessions in the following research areas:
- theoretical linguistics
- phonetics & phonology
- corpus studies
- applied linguistics
- language teaching & language acquisition
- discourse analysis
- translation studies
- socio- and psycholinguistics
Please consider that the leitmotif of LingBaW 2021 is: Hierarchies, Boundaries and Continua in Linguistics.
Each paper presentation in an online session will be scheduled for a 20-minute talk followed by a 10-minute discussion. The language of the conference is English.
We also invite contributions to a Celtic workshop ‘The structure, function and evolution of Celtic Languages’ in any of the following or related areas:
- Description and (formalist/functionalist) analysis of Celtic languages from a synchronic or diachronic perspective (in the area of phonetics, phonology, morphology, syntax, semantics, pragmatics),
- The future of Celtic languages (sociolinguistics, contact linguistics and language planning),
- Issues of translation (the challenges of translating into and from languages of limited diffusion).
Abstracts of no more than 400 words (including references) should be sent by 30 June 2021 in .doc or .docx format via EasyChair (use this link: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=lingbaw2021). It is expected that any paper presented at LingBaW 2021 is original and has not been previously presented or published.
Abstracts will be reviewed anonymously; please do not put your name on the abstract itself.
Notification of acceptance will be sent by 15 August 2021.
LingBaW 2021 will be held online and there is no fee for this event.
The preliminary deadline for submission of completed papers is 31 January 2022.